What groups are considered yacht rock?
Artists most commonly thought of in the Yacht Rock era include Michael McDonald, Ambrosia, 10cc, Toto, Kenny Loggins, Boz Scaggs, and Christopher Cross. Yacht Rock has become the muse of a great number of tribute bands, and is the current subject of a short-run channel on Sirius XM.
Is yacht a rock bread?
Some hear it in the early 70s soft rock of Bread and hits such as “Guitar Man,” or in Seals & Crofts, the duo of the same period whose 1973 US Top 10 hit “Diamond Girl” and its follow-up, “We May Never Pass This Way (Again)” are pure, classy, elegantly played and harmonised yacht rock.
What are some examples of yacht rock?
I can go for that: five essential yacht rock classics
- Christopher Cross: Ride Like the Wind (1979)
- The Doobie Brothers: What a Fool Believes (1979)
- Steely Dan: Hey Nineteen (1980)
- Joni Mitchell: The Hissing of Summer Lawns (1975)
- Toto: Africa (1982)
What are the top 10 Yacht Rock songs?
Top 10 Yacht Rock Songs
- Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett (1977)
- Sailing, Christopher Cross (1979)
- Watching the River Run, Loggins & Messina (1973)
- Summer Breeze, Seals & Crofts (1972)
- Come sail away, Styx (1977)
- Sailing, Rod Stewart (1972)
- Moondance, Van Morrison (1970)
- Moonshadow, Cat Stevens (1971)
Is Steely Dan yacht rock?
Some of the most popular yacht rock acts (who also collaborated on each other’s records) included Michael McDonald, Kenny Loggins, Steely Dan and Toto.
What is yacht or Nyacht?
Yacht or Nyacht is a collection of songs rated on the Yachtski Scale, a scientific measurement of musical yacht-ness created by the originators of the term ‘Yacht Rock’ (JD, Hunter, Steve, and Dave).
What is 70’s yacht rock?
Broadly speaking, yacht rock is an ocean of smooth, soft-listening music made in the late ’70s and early ’80s by artists like Toto, Hall & Oates and Kenny Loggins — music you can sail to.
What is a yacht rock party?
Yacht Rock Party Combines the Love of White Wine Spritzers and a Very Specific Style of Music at La Cocina | The Range.