How often should I wash my wetsuit?
There is, however, a very simple way to avoid all that: wash your wetsuit. You don’t even have to do this every time you surf—once a week will do just fine. But you should at least rinse it after each session, you smelly yeast beast.
How do you clean a wetsuit after use?
Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
What happens when you wash a wetsuit?
People sometimes question, ‘can you wash a wetsuit in hot water or in a washing machine’, but this should be avoided as washing neoprene at hot temperatures can reduce flexibility. . . . Use harsh detergents, bleach or other strong chemicals as these can cause damage.
How do you wash a wetsuit at home?
Rinse your wetsuit on the regular. By regular we mean after every use (but that didn’t have such a ring to it). After each surf session rinse your wetsuit in a bucket, bath or shower of cold, fresh, non-salty water.
Can you machine wash a wetsuit?
If you use your wetsuit frequently and replace it every year then you could use a washing machine to keep it clean, because your wetsuits are not going to last very long anyway. Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash.
Can you machine wash neoprene?
Some information suggests that you can machine wash your neoprene on a delicates setting but we’d avoid the machine altogether just to be safe and hand wash it in water below 40 degrees Celsius. … If the neoprene is especially dirty or grimy, you may want to soak it overnight. Step 3: Dry it right.
How do you wash and dry a wetsuit?
But if your wetsuit gets smelly, wash your wetsuit in a tub of fresh, warm water (not hot). Use one of the special wetsuit soaps or a small amount of baby shampoo. Gently wash it by hand. Rinse your wetsuit thoroughly to get all the detergent off, and then dry your wetsuit on a suitable hanger in the fresh air.
How do you clean a dirty wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
Should I dry my wetsuit inside out?
Dry Your Wetsuit
Once you’ve rinsed both sides, you have to dry your wetsuit before putting it back away. If you don’t give it time to dry, you’ll trap moisture inside. This can lead to odors or even mold growth. Just like rinsing, you should dry both the inside and the outside of your wetsuit.
How do you care for a neoprene wetsuit?
Take Care of Your Wetsuit
- 1) A thorough freshwater rinse. …
- 2) Hang up your wetsuit properly. …
- 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry. …
- 4) Use some wetsuit shampoo occasionally. …
- 5) Banish the stink. …
- 6) Slow down when taking your suit off.
How long does a wetsuit last?
On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it. A cheaper brand wetsuit that doesn’t have the same construction quality may only last for a season or two before things like zippers become issues.