What should I bring on a dive trip?
Dive Trip Essentials
- Reef Gloves.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD — Preferrably with Alternate Air Source and Integrated Weight Pockets)
- Regulator with Alternate Air Source.
- Pressure Gauge / Depth Gauge / Compass / Dive Computer (or Dive Console)
What do you wear between dives?
What to Wear Scuba Diving in Warm Water
- Swimsuit / Board shorts. If the water is nice and warm, you might choose to just wear your usual swimwear for scuba diving. …
- Rash Guard. A thin rash guard won’t give you too much extra warmth. …
- Leggings. …
- Shorty Wetsuit.
What should you not do before a dive?
Here are some things to avoid just before a scuba dive;
- Spicy curries and soups.
- Heavy meals that take a lot of energy to break down, such as a giant steak or saucy ribs.
- Anything that is too oily.
- Acidic Fruits such as oranges and pineapples.
- Juicy and watery fruits if you already have an upset stomach.
What wrist do you wear a dive computer on?
You do need to closely monitor your depth during ascents/descents, safety stops / deco stops, and you often need to operate the inflator/dump to contro your depth at the same time…. that is why “computer on the right wrist” is most common. Best wishes.
What shoes do you wear on a dive boat?
» Shoes Pick one pair of all-purpose shoes — such as canvas sneakers or boat shoes — to wear on the plane, stash lightweight flip-flops or sandals in your carry-on, and leave the rest at home.
What happens if you cough while scuba diving?
It’s perfectly alright to cough into your regulator until your airway is clear. If you feel that tell tale tickle in the back of your throat, try to move into an open area where you won’t bump into anything. Also, be aware of your buoyancy as you may unknowingly hold your breath.