Do jet skis get stolen?
Personal watercraft (or jet ski) theft can be a problem even in broad daylight in a driveway or at the marina. PWCs are often stored on trailers making it easy for thieves to just back up and hook on. It can happen so fast; neighbors may not even notice.
How do I keep my jet ski from being stolen?
The 9 ways are:
- Locking your trailer to your car with a hitch lock.
- Locking your jet ski to your trailer with straps.
- Using the tow hook to lock your jet ski to the trailer.
- Making sure you always store in a well-lit area when travelling.
- When at home, block in your jet ski by parking your car in front.
Are jet skis expensive to insure?
In general, you can expect to pay about $85 to $100 a year for liability coverage, while more comprehensive coverage can be $500 or more a year.
How do you store a jet ski without a trailer?
Best Way to Store A Jet Ski Without and With A Trailer – Indoors Or Outdoors
- Fill up the gas tank.
- Drain any water from the engine.
- Remove the battery and store separately.
- Change the oil if needed.
- Add antifreeze.
- Make sure you add a cover to the Jet Ski.