How can I make my wetsuit smell nice?
Bad Smelling Wetsuit? Watch This!
- Step 1 – Half fill your bucket with fresh cold water.
- Step 2 – Add washing up liquid, washing detergent and mouth wash to the water. …
- Step 3 – Add warm water to the bucket to make lukewarm.
- Step 4 – Wash your smelling wetsuit!
How can I freshen my wetsuit?
Turn your wetsuit inside out and hang it, folded at the waist, over a heavy-duty hanger. Hanging your wet wetsuit from the shoulders will stretch it…so don’t hang it from the shoulders! Dry your wetsuit in a shady spot, out of direct sunlight, to keep it in the best condition.
Does neoprene smell go away?
Hi Yon – The smell is neoprene, the same material as in a wetsuit, drink koozie or protective laptop case. You may notice this “out of the box odor” on all of these products and will dissipate over time. … You may notice this “out of the box odor” on all of these products and will dissipate over time.
Why do surfers pee in their wetsuits?
Nearly all surfers have already peed in their wetsuits while surfing. Why? … They relieve their bladders in the surf. The problem is that we drink water to stay hydrated, and then the body tends to eliminate it, especially when submerged in the ocean.
Is Woolite safe for wetsuits?
The only laundry detergent to consider using is Woolite. 3rd: Wash your wetsuit in the tub of soap and the detergent will break down the body oils and odors. … Then hang your wetsuit up to dry in the fresh air (away from direct sunlight).
Is vinegar bad for neoprene?
Vinegar works for all sorts of stuff. You shouldn’t need much more than a half hour; I go 20 minutes & it loosens the crud very well. Also good for de-stinking wetsuits. Rinse well.
What’s the best way to wash a wetsuit?
Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
How do you clean a wetsuit at home?
How to Clean a Wetsuit
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How do you clean a wetsuit with vinegar?
Pour a few cups of vinegar into the bathtub or a big bucket, then chase it 10-20 drops of whatever essential oil you picked. Throw your suit in the tub with your vinegar/oil combination, then smash it around with a paddle, your hands, or a stick. Let it soak for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly again.