What should I wear for outdoor swimming?
What should I wear for open water swimming?
- Tri suit or swimming costume. Firstly, you’ll want a hydrophobic base layer to wear under your wetsuit. …
- Wetsuit. …
- Cold water gloves, socks and neoprene hat. …
- Goggles. …
- Multisport watch. …
- Tow float. …
- Dry robe.
What suit is best for open water swimming?
Here are the best wetsuits for open water swimming-
- Blueseventy Reaction.
- Roka Maverick X.
- TYR Hurricane Cat 1.
- HUUB Axiom.
- Blueseventy Sprint.
- Zone 3 Vanquish.
- Roka Maverick Pro II.
- Orca Alpha.
Do you need a wetsuit for open water swimming?
To be clear, you don’t need a wetsuit to go swimming outdoors. … On the other hand, there are also reasons why you might want to wear a wetsuit. Their primary purpose is to keep you warmer, which can help you stay comfortable in the water for longer and reduces your risk of hypothermia.
What should I wear for swimming?
Appropriate swim attire includes:
- A bathing suit, swim trunks, or “board shorts”
- Attire worn for SCUBA diving or surfing (rash guard/wet suit)
- Short or long sleeved shirts and/or tights and/or shorts made of synthetic material such as “Lycra” or “Spandex”
Are surfing wetsuits OK for swimming?
If you have a surfing style wetsuit, it will do just fine. It will need to be between 3-5mm. However, it is likely to be very suitable for what we do; exploration swimming in places where there might be rocks to negotiate on entry or exit rather than gravel ponds or sandy beaches. The 5mm suits are warmer.