Who is the winningest Olympic swimmer?
All three swimmers are from the United States.
- Spitz’ and Biondi’s achievements also put them on the list of overall Olympic greats. …
- Michael Phelps 23 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze (28)
- Mark Spitz 9 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze (11)
- Matt Biondi 8 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze (11)
- Ryan Lochte 6 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze (12)
Who is better Thorpe or Phelps?
Phelps has six Olympic gold medals, Thorpe five. Thorpe has 11 world titles, Phelps 10. Phelps has broken 16 individual world records, Thorpe 13. … It would not be a shock to see him walk away with eight gold medals, and, if he does, Talbot believes he will be the greatest swimmer of all time.
Is Michael Phelps the greatest athlete of all time?
However, anyway you slice it, Phelps has to at the very least be put on a list of the greatest athletes of all time simply because he is both the greatest Olympic champion of all time and he won more gold medal than anyone in a single Olympiad.
Is Caeleb Dressel better than Phelps?
Clay County’s swimming star is now the fastest butterfly swimmer on the planet. Caeleb Dressel demolished one of the most durable records in world swimming Friday, breaking Michael Phelps’ mark in the 100-meter butterfly to continue his FINA world swimming championships in Gwangju, South Korea.
Who is the best swimmer 2021?
Swimmer of the meet
- Men: Caeleb Dressel, U.S.
- Women: Emma McKeon, Australia.
- Men: USA.
- Women: Australia.
- Florian Wellbrock, Germany.
- Men: Kristof Milak, Hungary.
- Women: Ariarne Titmus, Australia.
- Men: David Popovici, Romania.
Did Katie Ledecky won the 1500?
Katie Ledecky won her first gold medal of the Tokyo Games on Wednesday, dominating the 1,500-meter freestyle, just as she was expected to. For Ledecky, the 1,500 victory in 15 minutes 37.34 seconds capped off a busy morning at the Tokyo Aquatics Center.
Who will win the most gold medals?
USA edges China, takes home most gold medals from Tokyo Olympics