How much do private surf instructors make?
According to statistics provided by the National Surf Schools and Instructors Association and Academy of Surfing Instructor Certifications, surf instructors can expect to make upwards of $15 per hour at camps, and substantially more via private lessons.
How do I become a surf instructor?
To be a surf instructor you need an internationally recognised certifications (ISA and ASI are two of the most common options) and also a surf lifesaver certificate. Level 1 of both are the standard for beginner surf coaching and enough to get you started on your surf career.
What jobs do surfers have?
Top 10 Surf Friendly Careers
- Firefighter. America’s heroes are also the recipients of some of the most surfer friendly work schedules around. …
- Commercial pilot/flight attendant. …
- Surf magazine editor. …
- Pizza delivery guy. …
- Lifeguard. …
- Surf industry broski. …
- Doctors. …
How can I become a surf instructor in India?
ISA Level 1 Surf Instructor Course
- Attend the 2 Day ISA Level 1 Surf Instructor Course.
- Satisfactorily complete all requirements of the course including.
- Venue Analysis.
- Design a basic learn to surf lesson plan.
- Deliver a basic learn to surf lesson.
- Demonstrate basic surf skills.
How long does it take to be a surf instructor?
Enjoy learning from professional instructors and experience practical sessions, theoretical sessions and fitness training. Develop pre-existing surf skills or learn something new within a friendly, family atmosphere. Dates: You can take part from between 2-12 weeks throughout the year.
What is surf coaching?
Foundation Surf Coaching Course
The role of a Surfing Australia Foundation Surf Coach is to introduce beginner surfers to the sport in a safe, fun and supportive manner that goes beyond the simple instruction of skill.